Followers

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

What A Pleasure, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                       I fell in love with Anthony Horowitz, last year, when I read "Magpie Murders."  I decided I would follow him and his work, and when this book appeared, I knew I had to read it.

                                         It is marvelous, and ventures into all the worlds that interest me--Shakespeare, British Theater, and high society.

                                          Think of 1950's "All About Eve," with Bette Davis, and 1973's "Theater Of Blood," with Vincent Price and Diana Rigg.  Should Horowitz' book ever be filmed, it would go great on a double bill, with these aforementioned films!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                             Everything begins with Diana Cowper, mother of famed actor Damian Cowper, going to a funeral home to arrange for her funeral.  She is murdered six years later, and suspicion falls upon a traffic accident she was involved with, ten years ago.  Then things start happening rapidly, Horowitz (who injects himself as a character into this novel, much as Angela Lansbury did, as Jessica Fletcher, on the TV show "Murder, She Wrote.") teams up with a washed up detective named Hawthorne, and, suddenly, things go in a very different direction.

                                                The author stumped me again, just as he did with his last book.  Here, I was sure Grace Lovell was the killer, but I was way, way off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                  I won't tell you who, or where, because all the fun is getting there!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                    Ghoulish, ghastly fun, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                           

No comments: