Followers

Thursday, May 2, 2019

Darlings, You Are Not Going To Believe This! Anna Wintour--ANNA!!!!--Waiting For Chilli And Corn Bread!!!!!!!!!!!


                                   Now, girls, I have not seen the new "Oklahoma!," nor am I sure I will.  It has been radically altered, not the least of which is the actress playing Ado Annie does so from a wheelchair.  No wonder she can't say no!  She doesn't stand a chance!

                                     Traditionally, the show always goes up with Aunt Eller on the front porch, churning butter.  Now, she is stirring corn bread mix into a bowl.  I hope it is either Jiffy or Aunt Jemima, because they are the too best known out there!  I would go with Aunt Jemima, myself!

                                       Well, the reason for this, darlings, is, when the show breaks for intermission, a line forms in the lobby, so people can eat homemade chilli and corn bread.

                                         Now, I have certainly eaten such over the years, but, really, in the middle of a Rodgers And Hammerstein Musical?  What if you have elderly people with flatulence problems, or someone forgets to take their Beano?????????????????????????

                                           I have a delicate stomach, due to meds, and I always eat light before seeing a show.  There is no way now I could nosh on this heavy stuff close to 10PM at night?  And then the train ride home? Oh, my God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                           Imagine my chagrin to hear--and now, see for yourselves--that at a recent performance of "Oklahoma!," Anna Wintour--ANNA!!!!!!!!!!--was chowing down on that very chilli and cornbread!   Guess she has no health problems;  of course not, she is ANNA!!!!!!!!!!!

                                             But, really, the doyenne of fashion, the woman who is the engine of this town, noshing on hearty American food????????????????????

                                              It defies description!  But, I am telling you, if this becomes the IN dish at all the cookout this Summer, in or out of the Hamptons, it will be attributed to ANNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                               Make sure mine is with black beans, not kidney, dears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: