Followers

Thursday, May 23, 2019

Much Hyped 'SVU' Season Finale Is One Big Fizzle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                 Girls, I know it has been a full week since the episode, "End Game" was aired, but I just could not muster the enthusiasm to write about it.  "SVU' has become so dreary, it takes effort for me to even write about it.  I like topics I can have fun with, and this show has not been such, for a long time.

                                  Nevertheless, there were some lively moments.  Like creepy looking Titus Welliver, as nasty Rob Miller.  Commercials kept harping someone on this episode was going to "go down," which I took as code for being killed.  This had me wondering all week--could it be Miller?  Or that ass kisser whom I cannot stand, Deputy Chief Dodds, played by Peter Gallagher.  Please, not Kelli Giddish or Peter Scanavino, who still deliver on this show.

                                    Well, unless you count the corpse of Lindsay Parker, whose parents were Miller's clients, and whom he had dispatched because he was afraid she might reveal him--though he could not be sure--at the under aged sex party, or the dog owned by Nikki Staines' daughter, no one went down!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And I still have not forgiven Sister Pegg!

                                    The best moment came from Callie Thorne, whose bar scene with Olivia was priceless. I was with Nikki all the way, especially when she was calling out Liv on her sanctimonious self-righteousness, which, I, for one, am sick of.  And so, apparently, are some people.

                                     And I expected a shooting, when Rob Miller, was dragged off guilty.  Is he really off to jail, for good, or will he return?  I wait to find out.

                                    But this still does not stop the show from being Olivia, with everyone buzzing around her like she was some Mother Superior that has to be protected!  It makes me sick!
And, speaking of sickening, this scene made me want to vomit!  Stone is leaving because he lost perspective, because he did it all for Olivia???????????  What kind of writers crap is that?  Not so much as a spark between them, and now this???????????  Peter Stone is hot enough, that he could get someone better than Downer Olivia.  And he will, on his next TV venture.

I am willing to bet he left the show because it was all about Olivia, and did not give his character a chance!  Or the writers did not know what to do with him.

If only it had not been mentioned Stone's father, Ben (played by Michael Moriarty, at the start of the franchise) was deceased.  Then he could have returned, and shown everyone what this show had once been made of!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This show has lost all its moxie!  God help us, with Season 21!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

That episode seemed longer than it actually was.

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,
You said it! Actually, I was
expecting a two hour finale, which
is usually done, with plenty of
surprises and excitement. But
this was so slow paced, it did,
indeed, seem longer!