Followers

Thursday, December 3, 2020

In Order For Food Network's "Candy Land Show" To Be Successful, It Has To EXACTLY Replicate The Original 1957 Game Board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




                                 The one that I owned,  of  course, darlings!  Look at that incredible array of colors.  No other children's game came close.  And those choice locales, the Peppermint Stick Forrest, the Gumdrop Mountains, the Gingerbread  Plum Tree, the Lollipop Woods, the Molasses Swamp, and my all-time favorite, the Ice Cream Floats.  I would  like to ride on one of those morsels,  while I nibble  away.


                                    No wonder, when some  of  us aged out, we could not give up this game.  The visuals were just too colorful  and original.  And incomparable.  I  would love  to have a wall in my bedroom painted with a replica of  this game  board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                      Now, I am an old hand  at TV interactive games.  Two of the best remembered--"Video Village," and "Shenanigans," were exact replicas of  their boards.  I know, because I owned "Video Village," and  knew many who owned "Shenanigans."  Which introduced me to a guy named Subby Kaye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                        Alas, I  don't think Food Network's "Candy Land" will be of  this high quality.  I like the idea that every thing seen on the  show  is edible!  Wonder what kind of budget they have?  And how can  I get  it?


                                         The idea  of Kristen Chenowith acting as some  sort of  Fairy Hostess,  all  dolled  out in pink, is  OK.  I mean,  I get it,  though it  really should not be necessary.


                                          But let's take a  look and see what the creators have come up with.



                                                                                  




                                                                                 

  

                                   One thing I will say in its favor.  It is bursting  with color.  The most dazzling array of color since Judy Garland  first opened that house door, and walked  out into Munchkinland.


                                    And if you want to see what has been made, or if the contestants get to eat stuff along  the way--constantly having  to rebuild the set--or what the  Grand  Prize is,  then  it could be worth one's while  to tune in.


                                     But, if  you are a purist, like  me,  and want  an exact replica of the game of your childhood,  this  is NOT it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Munchkin land MUST have been in the back of their minds, whoever designed this.
Not necessarily a bad thing!!
Could be a hit, who knows.
The Masked Singer has been an unexpected success; have you seen it??

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,
You ae probably right.
I am curious to see how it goes!