Followers

Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Well, Here We Are, Girls, The Last Month Of The Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                               I had planned something a bit more festive, darlings, but when  I saw this,  it reminded me of  my friend,  Nicholas, so I just had  to post it.  I know  Nicholas would approve.


                                                 It is all in keeping with the year, anyway, because this December is sure to be different from  any those of  us  on Earth have experienced, so why not this pic?


                                                  While  I  look  forward to the holidays  as  much as anyone,  and  we will decorate our  apartment to  the max, complete with  a  Christmas outfit for Baby Gojira, and a visit from Krampus!!!!!!!!!!!!  Baby Gojira just loves him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                                    My mother's sculpted white Christmas tree, with lights, will be our tree. It is  a nice  reminder of her.


                                                     But, today,  darlings,  is one of anniversaries, some good, some bad, some real, some  fictional.  Here they are.


                                                     1928--Agnes Gooch and Young  Patrick Dennis arrive in  Manhattan, segueing into the gorgeous opening number of "MAME"--"St. Bridget."


                                                       1958--The tragic fire at Our Lady Of Angels School,  in Chicago.   Ninety plus per cent of the victims were young children.  Read the history of this tragedy in David Cowan and John Kuenster's book,  "To Sleep With The Angels."


                                                        1983--Thirty seven years ago today, I moved to New  York City.  I have now lived here 37 years!  I resided just eight blocks south of where I am now.  My first apartment was in Bay Ridge, at 6647 Bergen Place.  Who  knows how long  I would have stayed, is not for Despicable  Despina?  Bet she's still beating laundry on the  rocks,  by the bay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  But it turned out for the best,  considering I am in a better location,  and am not alone,  thanks  to my David!


                                                            So,  this month will be something else, and who the hell  knows what that  will be?

 

                                          I  know  I referenced "St. Bridget," darlings, but I think it better to open the month  with this classic from "MAME," "We Need A Little Christmas," featuring Angela Lansbury, and the Original Broadway Cast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                           Merry,  merry,  girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

We can only hope to make the world a little better place while we’re in it.
🎼Life has way of confusing us, blessing and bruising us...

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,
Funny you should quote 'Fiddler'. I
have been hearing a lot of it lately.
But, yes, we must celebrate the lives
we have!