Followers

Tuesday, December 1, 2020

To Ease Us Into December, Something To Gladden The Spirit, And Warm The Heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                       Imagine my delight, when  I found Jessie Mueller, accompanied by Seth Rudetsky, singing my favorite song from "The Music Man," which is "Goodnight, My Someone."  As a lonely adolescent, I used to sing this to the tree outside my parents' bedroom window.


                                          Seth is here  for accompaniment.  As Frank Morgan said, in "The Wizard Of Oz," "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!"  Once  Jessie starts singing, who is  going to  look at Seth?


                                            Easily the best rendition I have heard, since the 1957 Broadway original, the late Barbara Cook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                              You will cry real tears,  darlings, at its  beauty!


                                    Wait till you hear this!  Call the incoming  revival producers of this show, and tell them to replace Sutton Foster,  with Jessie!


                                        I have been championing her, ever since she first arrived on  the scene!


                                        For those who have yet to discover her, see what all the fuss is about!


                                         Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

You were not wrong.
She is magical!!

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,
Isn't she wonderful.
She first appeared on Bway
in a revival of 'On A Clear Day.'
The lead was Harry Connick, Jr. but
when the curtain came down, all everyone,
including David and I, talked about was
Jessie Mueller. We have seen every show
she has been in.