Followers

Thursday, December 3, 2020

This Simple, Yet Charming, Game, Paved The Way For Some Sixties Games Of My Childhood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                                 The cover is pure Victorian,  which is why I  love it; the game  seems pretty simple.  The  object is  to  get the colored ovals  into  their slots, and  the  one  to do  it  wins.


                                                    If this  sounds familiar, and you were a Sixties raised child,  such as  I,  this may remind you of such games  as  "Tickle Bee," "Avalanche," "Marble Raceway," "Think-A-Dot," and, of  course,  "Aggravation," which was simply "Parcheesi" played with marbles.


                                                     To  think it  all  began with something like  this. But the craftsmanship and marketing  were  so  superior to what is around today.


                                                       Those with carpentry skills  could replicate this game  themselves.  My Uncle Fred, with household furniture painted in colors,  designed a Marble Runway game for me, years before  they were on  the market.  Would that I had it still.  And would Uncle Fred had patented it;  he would have made  a fortune!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                                          Play those games, kiddies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

I love marble runs!!
And so do my grandsons when I can tear them away from their iPads!!

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,
Yes, there is life after iPads!
I wish I still had my home made run.
I will ask my sister--she may still
have it, as I am sure she took it
for the children when they were small!