Followers

Monday, October 3, 2022

Does Anyone Play "Bananagrams" Anymore??????????? Is It Still Sold??????????????????


                                     I love word games, and, for a time, I had them all, starting with "Scrabble For Juniors," then progressing to adult "Scrabble," followed by "Spill And Spell," and then "Scribbage."



                                       Somehow, I missed "Bananagrams."  It must have come out after my time.  But I always loved anagrams, which I declare was made popular by the scene in 1968's "Rosemary's Baby," where Mia Farrow uses a set of "Scrabble" tiles to discover who Roman Castevet really is.




                                          I played "Anagrams"--I had a whole box set--a lot, but never turned up any witches!!!!!!!!!!!!  But "Bananagrams?  I am not even sure what it is.  It does have an element of anagrams to it, but how does that combine with crossword puzzles, which I gather is what happens when it is played.



                                             The two combined just don't seem to make sense.  Or is the whole thing intended to drive one.... bananas??????????????????????????



                                              Gaslighting by games?  Who would have thought?



                                              But now I want to get my hands on a "Bananagrams" set.



                                               I can't be crazier than I already am, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

I played Bananagrams and Apples To Apples, a word association game, at a reception many years ago.
Don’t remember many details but we had FUN!!!
I love word games, played them with my children and now with my grandchildren!!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,

I was trying to recall Apples and Apples.
Wasn't sure if that was a word game. Maybe
I will try and buy some of them.