Followers

Monday, October 3, 2022

Sad News, Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 'Merrily' Is A Done Deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                                  I just recently talked to my beloved, David. He was online at the stroke of noon, trying to get us tickets to the New York Theater Workshop Spring production of Sondheim's "Merrily We Roll Along," with Lindsay Mendez, Daniel Radcliffe, and Jonathan Groff.



                                 Well, he was told his place in line was--are you ready? --3,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The whole thing is already sold out.



                                   There are no strings I can pull, favors I can call in, or anyone, were I so inclined, I could sleep with, who could guarantee me tickets.



                                     Recently, on Frank Dilella's show, "On Stage," the rumor was planted that this production could be moving to Broadway.  To hell with "The Hours;" this is NOW the hottest ticket in town. If I had them, I would make sure they are insured.  At least with "The Hours," there is the vastness of The MET, so tickets, while they may be hard to come by, are more of a chance in a venue of that size.



                                         Can you believe it, dolls?  ME, shut out of 'Merrily?'



                                        But don't think this is the end.  I have not given up yet.  







2 comments:

Victoria said...

Yikes I guess we should be thankful so many people are interested in theater ??
Maybe there is still a chance...

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
I will make every effort to try.
Maybe I can usher a performance.