Followers

Saturday, October 22, 2022

Girls, Join Us Tonight, As Svengoolie Presents The Greastest Hairstylist Film--"The Bride Of Frankenstein!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                            Darlings, this is one wedding that outdoes even the one in "Sound Of Music."  Elsa Lanchester's doo foreshadowed, twenty years before, the Fifties beehive bubble, and don't you just love that electric streak?  Girls, we all want it, and I cannot understand why women in the Thirties did not copy this then innovative hair style.  And the makeup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                               She certainly had the priorities.  Once she gets a look at Colin Clive, she ditches Karloff, because she has the hots for the doctor!!!!!!!!!!!!   Can you blame her?  Too bad she lacked the perception to see Clive was one big closet case.  That was sure to cause problems should they have married!



                                  Artistic sets, and cinematography, Valerie Hobson, Ernest Thesiger and Una O'Connor on hand--this is just about a perfect evening.  Dwight Frye makes a cameo, and the opening, with Lanchester playing Mary Shelley is a hoot!  Also, as far as I know, this is the only picture ever made to depict...a miniature mermaid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Accompanying this is Roger Corman's 1959 film, "A Bucket OF Blood," which Sventoonie will deconstruct.    Dick Miller is a hoot as the sculptor turned serial killer Walter Paisley, in this spoofy mix of 1953's "House Of Wax, and the beat movement.  Don't look for Jack Kerouac here!



                                   



                                   And have your cream rinse ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                     So, join us tonight for all the fun!  Baby Gojira and Cucumbo are especially excited.


                                      P.S.--Girls, I am not sure which version is being shown.  There was a remake of this film in 1995, again by Roger Corman.  The 1959 original was done last year, so maybe tonight will be the 1995 remake.  We will all have to watch and see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                    



                                   

8 comments:

Victoria said...

Ok I will Definitely tune in and then comment on it!
Forgive me if I already told you this but my daughter in law’s father died last month.
He had some issues, but still Very unexpected and tragic.
So, slowly starting to get back to normal around here.

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
I do not recall you mentioning that.
I am sorry for you and your daughter-in-law.
These seem to be very sad times.

Victoria said...

Thanks. I kind of despise the saying “life goes on” but, it’s True.
You’re certainly not the same after these tragedies however you Do find that eventually you resume your “normal” routine.
And as time goes on you realize you’re able to smile rather than cry, when the memories come up.

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
But time works differently according to the person
or situation. My mother's death, the most impacting
took me 3.5 years to actually get over. Nothing was
as bad as that. But it does take time.

Tom Blumenfeld said...

Greatest hairstylist film- brilliant! Which is why I would like you to dm me, i.e. pm me on Messenger or email me. I have an idea for a show for those fellows in the West Village and would welcome your help. Thanks for your consideration.

The Raving Queen said...

Ton,
Would love. But I need your email address.

Tom Blumenfeld said...

tomblumenfeld87@gmail.com

The Raving Queen said...

Tom,
Thanks so much!