Followers

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

A Fictional Gem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                               An emotionally enthralling debut novel, which may be a contender for MY list, as the year begins to wind down, "The Most Fun We Ever Had" is a contemporary family saga of the Sorensons.  Parents Marilyn and David, start out in Iowa, and end up in Chicago, raising four daughters--Wendy, Violet, Liza and Grace--and everyone goes through some kind of disastrous experience--marital breakup, stillbirth, heart attack, entangled jealousies, yet though it all stick together.

                                                   Not to say this is sticky; it is not.  Lombardo shows that even in the strongest of families there are issues, and she plays out those issues in an absorbing manner which will have the reader--as I was--glued to his or her seat, with strong reminders of their own family.  I can attest to that, because it started me thinking about my own family issues, and  I especially related to Violet.

                                                    Lombardo's debut is so assured, I cannot believe it is one. And yet, this is so.  She is said to be working on a second novel now, and on the basis of this one, I cannot wait to read it.

                                                       The novel may not be FUN fun, darlings, but it is one of the best reads to be had this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                         Don't miss it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Are you a Wendy or a Violet??

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,

I have some of Wendy in me, especially
when I was younger. I never kept such
a sad secret as Violet, nor have it
come back to me, but I am smart, and
have worked myself, like Violet, into
a better place in my life, than before.
So I relate to Violet!