Followers

Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Busssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhkillllllllllllllllllllllllll Faaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllsssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                   It's not Niagara, darling!  Except to Pennsylvanians!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                   Last Saturday, David and I took an L and M Bus Tour to Bushkill Falls, in rural PA.  A little too rural for me, dears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                   The first thing I learned was for a successful Land M trip, one needs docile patrons, which we had, and Jason, the coolest, and hippest tour guide, ever!  We had him on our Block Island trip last year, and he was the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                     Before the falls, we stopped at a small natural history museum at the University of East Stroudsburg!  This is where I learned about possums suffering from high levels of anxiety; hence, the expression "playing possum."  David looked at me, and nodded, so I am convinced that if I go on Ancestry.com, on my mother's side, it will trace all the way back to the possum.  If I actually do this, girls, I will be sure to let you know.

                                        Following this visit, we dined at--oh, the horror, girls!--a Chinese buffet in a strip mall!  A strip mall!   I had to wear a veil, to protect my reputation!  As such, it was not as bad as might be expected, and they offered more than Chinese fare.  I did not eat much, because I have an instinctual distrust of buffets.  Besides, they are distinctly middle class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                          Ah, but the Bushkill Falls!  A charming little souvenir shop collection, capped off by a massive drop of at least three hundred feet, walked down steep steps, with fence logs and corner areas where patrons can sit and take a break, or look at the Falls from afar.  We chose this last, because David had his fear of heights, and I was getting a little woozy, plus I knew even if I made it all the way down, I then had to go UP--and I was not sure I could do that.

                                           But it was a lovely day, and dispelled some anxiety I had been feeling.

                                           If you go, make it a long day trip.  Not may hotels/motels to speak of, in the area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: