Followers

Saturday, October 12, 2019

I SO Want To Be With My Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                  In anticipation of the Rene Zellweger film "Judy," which I expect to be a real disaster, I watched the biopic with Tammy Blanchard and Judy Davis.  It was far superior to anything else I have seen, dramatizing Garland's life, and the two actresses were convincing as anything, bearing not only a striking resemblance to the star, but the production wisely used her vocal tracks, because who else could sing like that????????????

                                    Not even I, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                     Tammy does Judy from puberty, up until "Meet Me In St. Louis."  From that film on, Davis takes over.

                                    There was one moment, toward the end, when Davis hysterically screams into the phone, "Listen, I've heard about how difficult it is to work with Judy Garland!  Do you know how difficult it is to BE Judy Garland???????????"

                                       Damn right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                       But this post is not about Judy, but about me.  Because the last statement also applies to The Raving Queen.

                                         I am still on the antihistamine regimen that makes me feel tired and foggy.  So, much as I want to come here and write, I don't, because all I want to do is lie down and doze.  It takes every fiber of my being to write these days.  The creative juices still flow, darlings, but the energy sometime is not there.

                                           I have planned posts that I want to do, but have not had the time or energy.

                                            So, bear with me, girls, I have not deserted you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                            "If happy little bluebirds fly/Beyond the rainbow,
                                              Why, oh, why, can't I?"

                                   BTW, as a sign from God, Judy, or both, on my way to meet David for dinner one night this week, I did see the biggest and most beautiful rainbow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                     And I did think about what lies over it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Victoria said...

You’re doing fine!!
Even the “non-drowsy” meds knock me out sometimes

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
Thanks! Hope I am weaned off
this in November!

The Deep End of Shallow said...

You must get better, it would be a shame for me to have invested all this time and fallen madly in like with your blog. From my little corner of the earth over the rainbow and across the sea, Oxford sends its love and good wishes for your speedy return to energetic raving madness.

Madame Fabulina

The Raving Queen said...


Madame Fabulina,

Thank you. I have good and bad
days, but have no intention of
not writing. I am just slower
getting stuff out.

Next month I see the allergist,
and hopefully, will be weaned off this
regimen.

I love Oxford by the way. If I could tap
my heels, I would dash over for a spot of high
tea!

Cheers, darling!