Followers

Thursday, June 17, 2021

Darlings, I Have Simply GOT To Have This Dress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                              Back in the day, around 1980, when Deborah Harry's song, "The Tide Is High" was topping the charts, there was this moment when I SO wanted to be her.  That's right, dolls!  Me!!!!!!!!!!!   I can thankfully say that NEVER,  not even for a minute, did I want to be Madonna!!!!!!!!!!!


                                                  Now, forty one years later, this dress makes me want to be Deborah again.  It is not just the red, thought that certainly is part of it. Look at it, closely.  Outlined within the red fabric, is  the black-and-white image of  Janet Leigh, screaming, in the shower scene from  "Psycho!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                                                     This has become known as the "Psycho" dress.  Girls,  dolls, someone,  find me the designer, or someone skilled  enough  to  knock  this  off,  for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                                        I mean, when  I  eventually start re-entering the social  scene, what a spectacular entry outfit this would  make!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                                        Help me, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                                         Deborah,  call me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Victoria said...

Lady in red...

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,

The red alone would have gotten my
vote. But the imprint of Janet Leigh
screaming in the shower makes it too
good to pass up!

Victoria said...

YES! You are my people!!

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,

I am with you, all the way!