Followers

Tuesday, June 1, 2021

The Other Song Of The Month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                         Twenty-two years, before 'Sgt.Pepper,' there was Rodgers' And Hammerstein's "Carousel," with "June Is Bustin' Out All Over," highly suited to this day and month.  Both works comforting  to someone, such as I, facing a colonoscopy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                            So many recordings of this song. Which one to bring you.  For me, there is  only one choice.


                                             I can think of no better selection than Renee Fleming, and the 2018 Broadway company,,which it was mine and David's pleasure to see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                              Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

That’s life, that’s life,
That’s what people say,
You’re riding high in April,
Shot down in May
But you know I’m gonna change my tune
When I’m back on top
Back on top in JUNE!

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,

I never thought of that as a June song.
I can hear Sinatra's vocie as I read the
lyrics.