Followers

Wednesday, November 16, 2022

And A Happy Birthday To Martha Plimpton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                            Martha, while younger, is the same age as one of my nephews--52!  So, a happy birthday to Martha, and I will always remember her motto she recited as a child at a party--"Don't fuck with me; I'm s Scorpio!"-- In fact, I am thinking of getting a T-shirt made with that slogan.



                                I have admired Martha since she was a child and am so happy, she evolved into a first-rate actress, both dramatic and comic.  And she has some musical theater chops--in the 2008 revival of "Pal Joey"--My God, has it been that long?--Martha, as Gladys Bumps, stopped the show with her rendition of "Zip."  After that, the evening was Martha all the way.  And when she took her bow at the end, she received the greatest applause of any performer!  Go, Martha!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                               As I left the theater--this was during my spinsterhood--I heard two Theater Queen, probably a couple, discussing the show and Martha, I recall vividly one of them saying, "In twenty years, there is the next Mama Rose!"  I don't doubt it, and wouldn't it be fabulous, darlings?  Maybe I could even play Dainty June!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                David and I saw Martha recently in the dramatic film "Mass."  Hard to sit through, but from the moment she is first seen on camera, Martha makes her anguish the viewers', as we keenly feel whatever she is experiencing.  How gifted.



                                So, a Happy Birthday to you, Martha, and may it be YOUR day--do whatever you want.



                                   One last story--while on YouTube I encountered a TONY Awards telecast; I wish I could remember the year.  The camera panned the audience, and seated center was Martha Plimpton.  She was seated with someone, but I had to rewind to find out who.



                                     It was Martha's mom, Shelley Plimpton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                     Again, Happy Birthday, Martha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

My how time flies!
I guess Martha will always be a Kid to some of us!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,

To any of us who saw "The Goonies" for sure!
So glad she emerged from childhood into a sensible,
very gifted actress.