Followers

Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Girls, Wouldn't This Make The Perfect Christmas Gift???????????????????????????????



                           I might as well jump on the holiday bandwagon like everyone else, so when I saw that there are quilts available replicating board games of our youth, I was intrigued.  Of course, mine are more difficult to obtain.  There is one of Checkers, and Chutes And Ladders--which is pretty fascinating.   There was even Backgammon, Parcheesi, and some I had never seen.  How I wish they had some Parker Bros. boards--like Sorry, Careers, Risk, or Clue.  They do, however, have Monopoly.



                             My only criticism of the quilts I saw was that many, but not enough were multicolored.  And bright colors are what I am all about, dolls.  If I could afford it, I would have Amy Sedaris come here and redo the whole apartment.



                               However, what I would love most to have among the quilts is the picture I posted first of the Candy Land board from my own childhood.  I suppose I could take the image to some quilt making outfit and have it custom made, but that is getting into Amy's price range.



                                 I think the white background for the Candy Land logo and images are either a quilt or bed sheets, which I would be thrilled to have.  Same goes for the last picture, which is the best demonstration of multicolor I like, and I found on here.



                                   But isn't this a great idea?  Combining restful sleep with childhood memories?



                                    Sleep tight, my sweets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



2 comments:

Victoria said...

Target has blankets featuring Clue, Sorry, Connect Four, Twister, Chutes and Ladders, and more, for twenty nine dollars!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
Thanks for the info! I am on my way!