Followers

Saturday, November 12, 2022

Girls, Join Us Tonight At Eight, As "Svengoolie" Presents The Seldom Seen "X-The Man WIth The X-Ray Eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                                    This film was a big deal when it came out in 1963.  I recall it played the Rivoli Theatre in New Brunswick, and of course I was not allowed to see it, being on eight at the time.


                                     Let me say, girls that, this being 1963, he will see no hoochie coochie.  Playtex maybe, but that is about it.



                                      But before getting into that, let me point out some facts about this week.  On Wednesday, November 9, beside my therapy session, I kept having the nagging notion that this date was important for some reason.  A birthday I had overlooked?  A friend's anniversary?



                                         Not till David served dinner that night did I figure it out.  Not only was November 9 the anniversary of Kristallnacht, regarded by many as the start of the Holocaust, but it was also the 51st anniversary of when John List murdered his entire family in Westfield, New Jersey setting the gold standard, if you will, for family annilhators.   How could I be so forgetful?



                                           Of course, yesterday, was Veterans Day, so happy, happy to all, but it was also the anniversary of my paternal grandparents getting married.  The actual date was--no kidding--11/11/11!!!!!!!!!!!   Isn't that something?



                                          Today is also an anniversary, albeit an unfortunate one.  Something happened to me 51 years ago, six days before my sixteenth birthday, that I cannot allude to on a "Svengoolie" post, but I may have alluded to in others.  I am not fully ready to tell that story, but when I am ready, I will write about it.



                                          Getting back to tonight, is the question of what "Sventoonie" will pull out to deconstruct this week.  After a gem even I had forgotten, "Night Tide," I think we all should be ready for anything!  I look forward to it.  And I look forward to all out there watching tonight!



                                           "Sventoonie" is the new crown of prime-time Saturday night TV!!!!!!!!!!!


2 comments:

Victoria said...

Yes, you’ll share when the time is right.

No Need to force it.
Writing things down can be very therapeutic

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
Yes, I will share when the time is ready.
It is just hard to write about, though intact
in my memory.