Followers

Thursday, September 17, 2026

Go Play With The Planchette!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                             No, darlings, I am not being obscene.  Nor do I own a planchette.  They have been around since appearing in Paris, France in 1853.  The original ones had casters on their rods underneath, which made them appear to move; later, with my Ouija board, they became smooth fabric easy to maneuver.  They also originally had a hole in the center, through which a pencil was inserted, because, before Ouija boards, the pencil was used to evoke written messages.



                              What brought all this up was a book I recently read.  It was "The Unknown," by Riley Sager, an author I like.  The only thing wrong was the title; it was too generic.  Within the story, seances are held, and a home-made Ouija board is constructed out of Scrabble tiles, and an ordinary drinking glass is used for a planchette.  I suppose that could work, but if you cannot buy a planchette then I suggest making one's own; either by yourself or getting a friend to do it. I know someone who would be excellent at making planchettes, but I am not really sure if I would need one.  As for Ouija boards, are they sold anymore??????????


                               I have had the boards and their planchettes over the years but have never managed to hold on to them.  I am not that into the occult, so how many times can I use the Ouija?  I am not one of those folks who consult it daily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                The only things daily I do are drink coffee and write this blog!


                                But it is time to bring back the planchette!


                                Mystic oracle, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                Addendum: The planchette, pictured above, was the one I saw, whenever we would visit my parents' friends, The Lammers, in South Plainfield, NJ.  How I wish I had it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Would we have wanted to know the future, in our twenties?
Would we have been encouraged, frightened, or some of both!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria, Had I known, I don't think I would have believed ending up in NYC. I think it is better not to know.