Followers

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

A Childhood Icon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                 Back in my formative years, darlings, the Menlo Park mall was THE place to shop!  It also had, across the street, the Menlo Park Cinema, which was THE place to go to the movies.  I saw BARBRA in "Funny Girl," there.

                                 On a side street, across from the mall, was the International House Of Pancakes, looking as familiar as this photo.  We called it the Pancake House, for short, and I hated it when the name was changed to IHOP!  Like, what does that mean?  And who cares?

                                   But when it had the familiar, Germanic/Dutch looking building, its day was in flower. It was such a treat for children of my age, then, to go there.  I am telling you, girls, it was another piece of that life I wish could have been preserved.

                                    The plain pancakes were my favorite; I was a traditionalist.  But I did occasionally enjoy the Pigs In A Blanket, Silver Dollar Pancakes, and Chocolate Chip Pancakes, which were often so sweet I could barely finish them.

                                     Alas, we have preservation skin care, but not remnants of fond places, just memories.  So, here is to the Pancake House, as I remember it.  Its like will never be seen again.

                                      Culture is going down the tubes, dolls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: