Followers

Friday, July 12, 2019

One Of The Few Days Of The Year To Get Its Own Pop Song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                     Yes, I know June 3 is referenced in "Ode To Billie Joe," by Bobbie Gentry, but this date get its own individual song.   And it started 50 years ago, when Charlie Rich recorded the song.  Since writing this blog, I have always meant to include this, but somehow it has always slipped my mind.  Well, not this year. And how fitting the 50th anniversary was the year I remembered.

                                      I could not find Charlie Rich's rendition, but here is Stoney Edwards' rendering, from his 1976 album,  "Blackbird."

                                        Happy July 12, anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                         Does anyone know of other dates celebrated in song??????????????

No comments: