Followers

Thursday, February 27, 2020

Alas, The St. Regis Has Never Been The Same, Without Lespinasse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                               This famed eatery closed, on April 19,
 2003, after only being in existence for 12 years.  How lucky I was to have patronized this place once.  Had I known it was destined to disappear for good, I would have gone back.

                                  The atmosphere, the way it is lit, and the Louis Quatorze  furniture, is just as pictured above.  The food was exquisite, but what stood out for me was its doing something no other restaurant of its type did.

                                    After the main course, and before dessert, the patron was given a bowl of some cold soup, with sorbet in the center, and surrounded by honey dew melon balls.  The soup was often of a sweet flavor, to blend in with the other ingredients, but the purpose was to cleanse the palette.

                                      It was so refreshing.  And I have never experienced anything of its like again.

                                      How I wish the St. Regis would bring it back.

                                      Or that it would open somewhere else.

                                      Please??????????????????????????????????????

2 comments:

Victoria said...

I remember taking my children to a Fine Dining place back in the day; the younger one had said that McDonald’s was his favorite....
Noooo!!!

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,

I get it. Back when I was a kid,
I could be taken to the fanciest
place, and you know what I would
always ask for? A hot dog, and
a black and white milkshake!