Followers

Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Our Tuesday Adventure, Last Week, Continued, With Lunch At Le Bernardin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                    I knew something was up the minute I walked in, and I was right, as I discovered, when posting this picture.  Over the years, Le Bernardin has always been at the same location, 155 West 51st Street, in Manhattan, but I knew the interior had changed.

                                   Twenty or more years ago, on one  of my birthday lunch excursions, I dined at this restaurant, famous for its seafood.  The meal was exquisite, but I recall the interior being brighter, whiter, with a blue, nautical, French theme.

                                     The restaurant is still named "Le Bernardin," but its interior has been revamped to a decidedly Pan Asian one, with the blinds, Asian style, keeping out the sunlight, the dining room lit to the darkness of evening.  And both the staff, menu, and clientele, were more Asian than I recalled.

                                     Which does not mean the trip was a loss.  Far from it.  David, to my amazement, had two carrot ginger cocktails, while I had a huge glass of white wine.  For an appetizer, he hand the renowned scallops, (I have had an aversion to them, ever since a bad reaction, back in 1992!) while I opted for a simple mescaline salad.  And we both had the Dover Sole as the main course, and the sauce was superb.  The fish was filleted, light and tender.  It was, as the saying goes,
"Like Buttah!"

                                      For dessert, David had what looked like an exquisite Coffee Souffle,  which, if we go back, I think I may try.  While I had the "Baba Au Rhum," consisting of whipped caramelized  honey, and Tahitian Vanilla Ice Cream.  Topped off, of course, with some fabulous coffee.

                                      So, despite the changes, Le Bernardin thrives, continuing to be the only place I will eat seafood in, beside Galtoire's in New Orleans!

                                        Let the fish entrees come to me, darlings!  I do not go to them!

                                         But what a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                           

No comments: