Followers

Thursday, February 13, 2020

The First Literary Page Turner Of The Season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                 Back in 2012, Liz Moore wrote a novel which many recommended to me.  It was called "Heft," and chronicled the adventures of Arthur Opp, who weighed 560 pounds.  I did not care for it, so that by the time I was tempted by "Long Bright River," I had completely forgotten about "Heft."  Until I read Moore's previous credits.

                                   Well, she has acquitted herself with this book.  Remember the Rush sisters on "Cold Case?"  Lily was played by Kathyrn Morris, and Christina, portrayed by Nicki Aycox.  If this book is ever filmed, those actresses should be slotted right in there, because the setting is the Kensington section of Philadelphia, where all grew up, and the main characters here are sisters, Michaela, known as Mickey, a beat cop, and her sister Kacey, who, like Christina, is  a street living, down and out, addict.  Here, Kacey goes missing, and Mickey is determined to find her, and what she does is undo a mess of things in Kensington, including a drug ring and a serial killer, whom I never suspected.  And if an author can elude me, darlings, that's pretty good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                     Swiftly written, and with a quick, narrative pace, this had me turning pages till I could not stop.  I have not read so entertaining a thriller in months, and I hope Moore stays on this track, and not the "Heft" one.

                                        I am telling you, girls, you have got to read it!

                                        Great with tea, on these cold, winter nights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: