Followers

Sunday, February 14, 2021

Happy Valentine's Day, Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                     "That's Amore!"


                                       I thought the "Moonstruck" poster would be a nice change for this day, as it is as romantic as pink hearts, or red, and I  am sure all of us remembered when we wanted to be Loretta Castorini!!!!!!!! I  have seen the film many times--it is  MY Valentine's Day film-- and the first time i saw it, the whole segment with  Loretta going  shopping, getting her  hair done, her transformation, and then finding love and  the opera--oh, my God,  how I wanted that!


                                        And  now,  with  David,  I feel I do have it, and  I  am eternally grateful.


                                        But, back  in the day, I  tried to "make myself Loretta" as much as possible.   I bought  one of those  long coats that she wears early in the  film, I stood on the steps of  the  house that served as the exterior, located in Brooklyn, and just a few blocks over,  I  walked  around the corner,  romantically delirious, (or, at least, acting so!) with the same aria from "La Boheme" blasting  in  my ear,  thanks  to--this is really dating myself,  darlings--a  Walkman.  And, yes,  I kicked a can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                         Yes,  I wanted "Moonstruck."  And I got it,  but in  my own way.  We all have to follow our own path,  girls; which is one thing to be learned from Loretta.


                                           So, a Happy  Valentine's Day to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                                                                                                                                              
                                                                               

                                     "When you walk in a dream,  but you know you're not dreaming, signore.......!"                                                 
                                                                                                           

4 comments:

Tom Blumenfeld said...

I know this will never happen to you
https://www.shockcinemamagazine.com/godzilla.html

P.S. I presume that tomorrow being what it is, you will have something to say about the renaming of Aunt Jemima Syrup (Please note I did not write "rebranding.")

Victoria said...

Snap out of it is one of my favorite movie quotes

The Raving Queen said...

Tom,
I am about to write my Shrove
Tuesday post, but not Aunt J!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
I also like "It ain't over, till it's over."