Followers

Thursday, February 8, 2024

Believe It Or Not, Dears, My Obsession For Pink Came Not From Vincente Minnelli Or Cecil Beaton, But Polly Pinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                     Polly Pinks was a character in a children's book that was handed down to me, by my older sister.  It was about a cat called Miss Sniff.  Her Aunt Cordelia, whom I have posted about on here, with her exquisite Forties wardrobe and hair, always said the cat was a "mischief." Polly could only pronounce that word as "misssnif," so that became the name of the cat.



                                       But though just a little girl, she showed me the way, and like her, I wanted, and still do, all things pink.  There is a part in the book where Polly's house was going to be painted.  Polly wanted it painted pink, which I agree with, but her father said yellow.  I think that came more from Aunt Cordelia than her father!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                           Of course, as I grew older, I discovered Minnelli and Beaton. .  But it was really Polly Pinks who paved the way for me.



                                              She was determined to be a fashionista.  And, unconsciously, so was I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

now, this is a new one to me; my granddaughter has “Polly Pocket” items but I’ve not heard of Polly Pinks!!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
As I said, my sister had this book called "Miss Sniff," which was about a cat. Every picture of her was covered in some sort of black material so children could "pet' Miss Sniff. Polly Pinks was her owner.