Followers

Saturday, August 1, 2026

A Victorian Welcome To August!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                      Yes, darlings, here we are at the start of the year's most ambivalent month.



                                        As a child, I hated this day, because it meant the next month was September and that meant going back to school.  I still have that feeling, though I have been out of school for decades.



                                         August signals not only the last full month of Summer, but that Labor Day and Autumn are getting closer.  And the sunshine we have enjoyed will decrease and darkness will surround us.



                                           As Little Edie sang in the musical "Grey Gardens," "Another Winter In A Summer Town."



                                           That is what August means to me.  But it also has the Feast Of The Assumption, the anniversary of Woodstock, and Baby Gojira's birthday.  He will be 22 this year, but he is still our baby.



                                              And I get another month of movies to see and write about.  And books!



                                              So maybe August is not so bad after all.



                                              It is the anticipation more than the actuality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



 

No comments: