Followers

Monday, August 24, 2026

Can You Believe It, Girls????????????????? A One-Night Stand At The Algonquin????????????????????????????


                            Darlings, I thought I was done with one-nighters after my early youth.



                           But yesterday David got the idea for us to go into the city and spend the night at The Algonquin.  All because we were seeing a 5:45 PM screening of "2001: A Space Odyssey," with our friend, Chris.  Who is the one I go to when I need to talk about movies, because what I do not know, he certainly does.



                              I was dead set against the one-nighter.  But I have to say it worked out just fine.  I even forgot it was a Sunday night, I thought we were in Manhattan on a Saturday night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                             Unfortunately, a new Hamlet has not yet been chosen.  Our room was lovely, though there was a problem with a flickering light above the shower.  It was remedied.



                                The service was lovely, the breakfast luscious, as was our late dinner, which all three of us enjoyed.  Next week we are staying over because of a birthday event this coming Sunday, and I am told we are getting a suite!!!!!!!!!!!  Darlings, I cannot wait to tell you.



                                   Who thought that, at this age, a one-night stand could be so much fun???????????

No comments: