Followers

Sunday, August 2, 2026

What Kind Of Dog Was Dreyfus On "The Golden Girls??????????????"


                               Dreyfus, in the nineteen-eighties, had quite a career.   He made guest appearances on "The Golden Girls," which David and I watch each weeknight before the news, and he was featured on the TV series "Empty Nest," with Richard Mulligan, Kristy McNichol and Dinah Manoff.



                                   I just loved Dreyfus, so much I wish he would jump through the TV screen and hop onto our bed, so I could pet and cuddle him.  I always wondered what kind of dog he was and I am happy to say I was half right.



                                    Dreyfus was a mixed breed.  He was a combination of a Saint Bernard and a Golden Retriever.  I could see the Saint Bernard part in his face, but I would never have guessed the second.  But there you have it.



                                     I hope, when Dreyfus retired, he was happy and comfortable.  And that he and his owner(s) get spectacular royalties.



                                        I cannot think of a more lovable canine since.



                                        But then, darlings, we really don't watch much television.

No comments: