Even before I knew who Dolly Parton was, I loved the song "Jolene," and the voice that sang it.
As her career climbed, I discovered that, aside from her non-financial assets, she was a wonderfully comedic actress, a smart businesswoman, a humanitarian and a gracious human being. This and being one of the top C and W stars in Nashville, and the world.
Her husband, Carl Dean, died only seventeen months ago. It is said when one love dies, another soon joins it. Having been married for 60 years, I am sure Dolly and Carl are together again, and I am happy for them.
But her presence and talent on Earth shall be deeply missed.
For me, the saddest thing, aside from the departure of these great talents, is that no one seems to be coming up the ranks to replace them. Taylor Swift may be hot now, but will she be mentioned twenty years from now? I am not so sure.
Rest In Peace, Dolly. Songs, movies, charities, you did it all.
Never to be forgotten!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment