Followers

Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Cyrus, The Christmas Cat, Reminds Me So Much Of My Friend, Nicholas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                     For several holiday seasons, New York networks have been running this lottery ad, featuring a store owner, and his cat, Cyrus.  The owner closes his shop, wishes Cyrus a happy holiday, and the intrepid cat slips a ticket into his mouth, and treks back to his owner's apartment, leaving him a gift in his stocking, and watching him, with love.



                       The above scene, with Cyrus hailing the bus at the station, so reminds me of Nicholas, who, I am sure, were ha able, to do the same thing.  And I know Nicholas would keep a loving eye on me.  So, I just love seeing this commercial every year.



                          As for Nicholas himself, well, girls, I have not much news.  My David has communicated with Nichoas' owner but has heard nothing back.  I take comfort in knowing Nicholas has a roof over his head, and an entrance where he can come and go as he pleases, for relaxation in the back yard when warm, or private business all year round.  Had Nicholas run away or worse, I think we would have heard something.



                             Which does not mean I still worry over Nicholas or wish to have a nice visit with him.  There is so much to catch up on, and Nichlas is a very good listener.  I would not be surprised if, one night, he appeared outside my fire escape.  I would be thrilled.



                               Till then, I have Cyrus to remind me of how much love there is in Nicholas.



                                And I will keep you girls posted on any further Nicholas developments.

3 comments:

Victoria said...

Thanks for the update, I was just thinking about him !!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
Thanks for your reassurance. I worry
about Nicholas, but unfortunately there
is really nothing I myself can do.

Victoria said...

I know. That sense of helplessness.
Worrying does not help.
I just, I can’t stop; there’s no Off Switch.
The Human Condition....