Followers

Thursday, December 1, 2022

" Deep In December, " Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                            Can you believe we are at this point, already?  Today, 39 years ago, I moved to New York City.  Who would have guessed what would have happened from there?  And, 94 years ago, back in 1928, young Patrick Dennis and Agnes Gooch arrived in the city, standing in front of St. Patrick's Cathedral, singing "St. Bridget."  I will try to include that at the end.



                                As for the photo, it is part of my theme for this month--a celebration of Christmas in the year I was born, 1954.  Oh, my God!  Check those dresses, hairstyles and glasses.  Back in the days when ladies were ladies.   Makes me want to be one! And that tree, and those entrances are classic.  Almost as I remember it.



                                   So, a happy December to all, and may the holidays bring joy, both pleasurably and spiritually.



                                     "Haul out the holly," dolls!

                                   Here is "St. Bridget," darlings.  Listen to Jane Connell and Frankie Michaels.  What a way to open a show!

4 comments:

Mistress Maddie said...

I don't know where time goes darling. I think the same place my disappearing gin goes too I suspect. But I adore anything 40, 50,and 60's and LOVE Auntie Mame!!!! And give me a vintage Christmas anytime, over all this modern stuff that calls itself Christmas, like those damn yard inflatable things!!!!

Hand me my hat pin, will you dear?

Victoria said...

Yup we wore hats and gloves.
And dresses. Always dresses.
With tights or knee socks, and mary janes or saddle shoes!!
Those were the days, my friend...

The Raving Queen said...

Mistress Maddie,
Your witty repartee is so refreshing, darling.
Yes, vintage Christmases are the best. Especially
when listening to Angela Lansbury and Company.
Here is your hat pin, dear.

Tea?
A drink with jam and bread.

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,

Yes, indeed. As Madame Armefeldt says in "A Little Night Music--"

Where is passion in the art?
Where's discretion of the heart?
Where's CRAFT???????????"