Followers

Saturday, December 24, 2022

Girls, Join Us Tonight, As "Svengoolie" Presents "Abbott and Costello Meet The Invisible Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                                   Made in 1951, this was the last of their Universal horror efforts.  I have never seen this, which catches my interest, but why, on Christmas Eve, could Svengoolie not have shown a Christmas horror film?  Lord knows, there are plenty of them.  The only other well-known cast members are William Frawley (Fred Mertz, on "I Love Lucy!") and Sheldon Leonard.



                                      Added to this, I think "Sventoonie" is doing a repeat of "The Great Rupert," which features a squirrel puppet, as well as Terry Moore and Jimmy Durante.  It also has an appropriate Christmas theme, which I am sure the first film does not.



                                      If there is nothing else on your plate, it is good of kind.  But if you can find alternatives on this night, my advice is to seek those.  Even I am going to try.



                                        How I would love "Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol."



                                       

2 comments:

Victoria said...

I skipped it; we went out to dinner!!
Come on, Mr. Magoo!
Oh Magoo, you’ve done it again...

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
We watched some of it.
Not one of his best. But next
week, New Year's Eve, is a special
treat, and a favorite!