Followers

Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Darlings, If You Think You've Seen It All..............................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                        Take some tips from Dorothy and Alice.  I love both their adventures, but if I had to choose, I would go with Alice.



                          Now, Dorothy, in the only persona of Judy Garland, had it good.  She walked out of a black-and-white house into an MGM Technicolor set, Munchkinland that has to be one of the greatest designed sets of all time.  Had I been Dorothy, I would have stayed there.  To hell with the rest of Oz!!!!!!!



                          Alice, I think had it more exciting, and both ways.  First, she plunges down a rabbit hole, and sees things before her. She drinks, dines on mushrooms, gets high, gets small, then normal sized--what an amazing set of experiences.  No wonder Grace Slick said to "Go ask Alice," in her classic song, "White Rabbit!!!!!!!!!!!!!"



                           But she also went through that looking glass, something I always wanted to do.  And what was on the other side?

                           Well, the "Jabberwocky" rhyme, as well as "The Walrus And The Carpenter!"    Not to mention Tweedle-Dum and Tweedle-Dee!  And Alice becomes Queen, near the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                              So, I am going to go with Alice.  Dorothy encountered nothing but nightmares when she explored, which is why she should have stayed in the MGM Munchkinland, which, had I had a backyard, I always wanted it designed as a replica thereof.  Whereas Alice gains a new way of looking at the world, and probably, I would guess, math, which is important in both her books, is conceptualized for her!


                                 But none of us has seen what either Dorothy or Alice has!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

I’ve been accused of being in my own reality, of daydreaming too much or whatever.
Well, I think it has saved my sanity!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
Agreed. I think many of us retreat to places of our own,
be it an office, gymnasium, art or dance studio, theater,
or even a book, or a re-read. The last has kept me on a
steady keel.