Followers

Saturday, December 31, 2022

Farewell To December, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                   Girls, after that Covid visit in November, which cramped my birthday, and ruined our Thanksgiving, though we made the best of it, December was a breeze!!!!!!!!!!!



                                    Despite the picture above, the most important thing to take away from this month is that the Baby Jesus DID arrive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                      And David and I went to Christmas Service at St. Anselm's.  I even took Communion, and there were no lightning bolts, nor did the church collapse.  Actually, I thought the service was beautiful, and it was just what I needed.



                                         We saw Lea and Tovah in "Funny Girl."  I saw the operatic version of "The Hours."  I reread that novel, and "Mrs. Dalloway," by Virginia Woolf--but in chronological order.  We had dinner with dear friends, and some we had not seen in a long time.  And we saw the campiest Christmas movie, ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                            So, all in all, December was not bad for us.  Hope it was good to you.



                                           May January treat us well.  By the way, it was supposed to be my birth month.



                                           But that is for another post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                           Goodbye, December, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Yes, December was fine.
Christmas went well.
Or rather, it went the same way as Always but MY attitude was better!!!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
Same here. Though there was a point where I felt
sad that all the people I had grown up with were gone.