Followers

Tuesday, August 11, 2026


                             I will be offline for a while this week, because this is the time when we are going out to my respective hometowns of New Brunswick and Highland Park, New Jersey.  We are staying at The Heldridge Hotel in New Brunswick, where most of my classmates stayed for our reunion three years ago, and is across from the State Theater, which filled my early movie life, and is now a live cultural center.  Who could have known?



                                We will see familiar surroundings, hopefully meet up with a former HP friend of mine, but, most importantly, we are going to Resurrection Cemetery in Piscataway, NJ, where my parents are both buried, so I can read over their graves the last passage in Emily Bronte's "Wuthering Heights."



                                  I knew I wanted to do this, eight years before, when we buried my father, but I did not think to bring a copy of the book, and I would not have been permitted to do so, then.



                                   So, this trip will be fraught with emotionality.



                                    We will be back on Thursday.  I will give you a full report then, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Victoria said...

We will miss you!!!
It’ll be emotional, but hopefully in a good way