Followers

Monday, August 8, 2022

Is This From A Melies Archive? No! But Before Getting To The People Seen, Take A Look At That Nursery Set!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                     Isn't this the most surreal childhood nursery set you have ever seen, darlings???????  Is it any wonder I want a room where I can redesign a replica to my specifications?   



                                       I mean, those curtains, that furniture, the stars out in the sky, that Humpty Dumpty!!!!!!!!!!!  Who could resist????????????



                                        Now, it makes me really want to see this film.  This is a shot from one of Judy Garland's pre-'Oz' films, "Everybody Sing," back in 1938.  Judy is on the left in the Little Lord Fauntleroy outfit, and on the floor is the REAL Fanny Brice herself, doing her Baby Snooks characterization.



                                           How many film shots feature two such icons?



                                           But really, I want that nursery set.  I would like to see a color shot, but if not, I would not mind it being designed in black and white.



                                              Just make sure I get the correct Humpty Dumpty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Two legends!!
Rare shot indeed!
Where do you find this stuff?!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
I think I was looking for
something else, when I happened on
this photo. Once I saw the set, and
the icons, I knew I just had to write about it.