Followers

Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Never Pass Up The Chance, When Presented, To Thank Someone! You May Not Get A Second Chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                             Believe it or not, darlings, my 50th anniversary high school reunion is approaching--June 3, 2023--and I cannot believe it.  The man pictured above was a member of that class.  Through a confluence of circumstances, I found out that Jonathan Weinstein, pictured, had recently passed, on August 6, after a long battle with cancer.  He was my age--67.



                                                 I last saw him at the 25th reunion, in 1998, and wanted to say thank you then.  When the 50th was announced, I was hoping he would turn up, so I could say thank you.



                                                    For what?  I will tell you.



                                                   Eighth grade was my worst year, both academically and socially.  I was never proficient in math or science, but I was always able to hold my own.  Until that year.  As my grades declined, I recall approaching Mr. Frankowsky--who was more approachable than my math teacher, Mr. Barber--to see what I could do to raise my grades.  He guessed math was related to my problems, so he proposed I work with someone on a tutoring basis.  He picked Jonathan, asked if we would be willing to work with each other, and both of us said yes.



                                                      Jonathan was great to work with, and I actually enjoyed our sessions.  Alas, I was also very prideful, and, while it helped, I also felt humiliated.  Consider the age I was--thirteen or fourteen!  So, after a time, I just stopped going.  I had no issues with Jonathan, nor he with me.  But over the years I realized what a great opportunity I had been given, and I regretted passing it up, after a time.



                                                         I also promised, at the right time, I would thank Jonathan.



                                                         I was so sad to hear of his passing, and sad I could now not thank him in person.  So, this post will have to do.



                                                           Thank you, Jonathan.  I wish we could have known each other better.  Your passing is sad, but a very real reminder not to pass up opportunities when given.



                                                               My sympathy to Jonathan and his family.



                                                                Rest In Peace, Jonathan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Thank you for the reminder!
Try not to be too hard on yourself.

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
Thank you so much for your support!