Followers

Thursday, August 25, 2022

Now, THIS Is New Jersey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                     When I first saw this photo in "The New York Times," I had no idea where it was, but I instinctively knew it was from New Jersey.  I mean, those crowded buildings, streets, and wires, not to mention that diner?  "Dinner in the diner, nothing could be finer." Indeed.  I just knew it had to be somewhere in New Jersey.   And I was right.



                                    The location happens to be Keyport, a small town in Monmouth County, and this picture is so stunning it makes me want to go there.  And I don't venture to Jersey too often, these days!



                                      Remember, this state produced not only myself, but MERYL STREEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                        But Keyport!  It is simply bucolic, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Well New Jersey IS the Diner Capital of the Country!
Maybe even the world!!
We had a lot of them on Pennsylvania too.

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
There was a book out, quite a while ago,
about the diner of New Jersey. The author
ate his way through every one.