Followers

Friday, August 26, 2022

Tomorrow Is The Day, Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                      That's right, darlings.  Having weathered bi-lateral hernia surgery, and being cleared by the doctor to do so, we are marching into the city to see Julie Benko in "Funny Girl."



                                       Back in April, we saw that Feldstein thing disgrace the memory of this show and BARBRA.  Well, good riddance to her.  I have not heard a track of the score from Julie, because I want to experience her fresh from the stage.  I have heard her sing other songs, and this girl can sing!  Finally. a "Funny Girl" that we deserve.   Who will do the cast recording, Judy or Lea?  This show still has some backstage drama!



                                        I will think of you all, when the curtain rises on Julie, tomorrow.



                                       "These are facts, I've got no ax to grind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


7 comments:

bogieme2 said...

hi michael and david heres a little suprise for you they put in my man for the diva to sing at rhe end of show julie started this week singing it but its to clear the way for the diva to shine she thinks she is still in glee Im glad david is okay and enjoy the shaow norman

Victoria said...

Enjoy the show!
Excited for you!!

bogieme2 said...

hi me again just this sunday for my birthday joe and i are seeing funny girl julies last leading performance and im seeing at night a strange loop hope all is well norman

The Raving Queen said...

Norman,
David and I saw Julie this past
Saturday. She was a triumph. Truly
believable in the roll. And a real voice.

Let me know what you think, and also about
"A Strange Loop."

At the performance we saw, Julie did not sing
"My Man." She sang "The Music That Makes Me Dance."

bogieme2 said...

hi michael and david my source corrected the my man dispute they told julie she would start singing the song last week because lea wants it in the the producer at first agreed the backed off for some reason thats why its not be sung but lea is fighting hard to get it in and the producers now are saying no they will change some costumes and other small things this is far from over stay well norman

The Raving Queen said...

Norman,

So, Lea is causing trouble already.
Hmm... I am not surprised.

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
Julie was triumphant. A post will be
forthcoming.