Followers

Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Why Do I Want To Be An Orphan In "Annie????????????????????????????"


                                        Well, for starters, look at that pose!  What classic form!



                                         These are the Original "Annie" orphans, back in 1977, from left to right--Diana Barrows, Robyn Finn, Donna Graham, Danielle Brisebois, Shelley Bruce, and Janine Ruane.



                                            Girls, with gender fluidity quite the thing, why shouldn't I want to be an orphan in "Annie?????????"    I especially want to be Diana Barrows, as Tessie, on the far left, because she introduces the song I have been singing lately, one of my favorites in the show, which is "You're Never Fully Dressed Without A Smile."  This number has everything, and when I saw it in 1977, I knew it could not be topped.  Save for a production which a coworker years back was in, I have never seen any other production of "Annie" since.  Not many folks I know have children, so the prospect of my seeing the show again is just about nil.



                                                Unless I can audition for a production as either Tessie, or Bert Healy, who hosts "The Oxydent Hour Of Smiles," and sings the song first.



                                                 Who knows, girls?  As the show says, there is always...."Tomorrow!!!!"

2 comments:

Victoria said...

You’d be a Fabulous orphan!!
I’m singing the song!!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,

It is a great score, and a great song.
I am ready to go on any time.