That's right, girls. I am not talking about Deborah Harry, but the comic book character created by Chic Young in 1930. Which was an era for comic book names. Nancy, who was created by Ernie Bushmiller in 1933, was raised by an aunt named Fritzi Ritzi, while Max Fleischer created Betty Boop in 1930.
With such provocative names, I would not be surprised if these three gals hung out in the evenings--at hotel bars and night clubs. Always wearing her polka dot dress and glamorous hair style, Fritzi never quite lost the Ritzi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Blondie might have seemed like a trad wife, but she ran the show! And Betty Boop was happy to be a single career girl, with no companion but her adorable dog, Pudgy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We all just LOVED Pudgy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Alas, such comic book characters exist no more. Haven't I said, time and again, that people dressed better in the Thirties, Forties and Fifties, and most likely had better manners too?
I just love Blondie, Fritzi and Betty Boop, and the glamour and the era that they stand for.
If only we could bring it all back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:
We say it all the time; bring back poise, elegance, etiquette, and modesty,!!
Victoria, Indeed, why have they vanished? I am almost embarrassed to be seen in public, because of how others behave around me!
Post a Comment