Followers

Saturday, August 22, 2026

Girls, Tonight "Svengoolie" Serves Up A Healthy Dose Of Sadism And Torture, With 1935's "The Raven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                                   We have seen it before, and this is a good one!  Though Universal was really pushing the boundaries of the censors with Lugosi torturing Karloff in a torture chamber of his own making.



                                      Lugosi plays a Poe obsessed mad doctor--and yes, a raven figures in the story--who invents a torture chamber and makes a deformed Boris Karloff his lackey in exchange promising to restore his deformed face.



                                        This is one to watch, darlings.  Is there a storm?  Do strangers show up and unleash the secrets of this chamber?  I am not sure, but I am sure enough to tune in, recalling this as one of "Svengoolie's better offerings.  I mean, torture, madness and sadism!!!!!!!!!!!  What more could one want?



                                           Those never having seen it should not miss it.  Baby Gojira and everyone here are excited for a second viewing, especially after last week's disappointing showing of "Man Made Monster."



                                              I look forward to all of us tonight watching "The Raven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"



                                             And try to spot all the Poe references!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                              See you at 8PM tonight, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                              



 

2 comments:

Victoria said...

How was it?!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria, It was ghoulishly hilarious. It is worth it just to hear Lugosi say in his inimitable speaking style, "I like to torture!"