Followers

Tuesday, January 9, 2024

"Don't Give Up On Us," David!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                             On January 4 of this year, we lost the hottest member of the "Starsky And Hutch" team.  He was 80 years old.  The year's second celebrity death.



                               During "Starsky And Hutch," it was a contest between who was the hottest. Many went with Paul Michael Glaser as Starsky, but I could not get over the blond, good looking Soul.  I will never forget the episode, years before anyone ever heard of Glenn Close or "Fatal Attraction," where Karen Valentine--of all people--plays this nurse named Diana who was sexually obsessed with him, and the dynamics were exactly that of "Fatal Attraction."  Who could have foreseen this?



                                   And don't forget Soul's one big hit, "Don't Give Up On Us, Baby."  His voice was not extraordinary, but there was something genuine and comforting about the way he sang this song.  It still stands on its own.



                                    Interestingly enough, I have a six degrees connection to David Soul, though I never met him.  During his peak period, when the show was hot, he was dating a working actress named Lynne Marta, who was, I was never clear on how, a friend of my sister and several of my older cousins. I am sure Lynne is still alive, and around, or therein, the same age as David.  I have never met Lynne, either, but I always admired her as someone who got out there and made something of herself in the business.  Which is what I thought I would do, when I was young.



                                       But that was then, this is now.  Rest In Peace, David Soul.  You brought comfort and good looks to everything you did.  Though the Seventies are long gone, you are one of its most cherished memories.


          

                                            Rest In Peace, David!



                                                              


                                    Here is David's signature song, "Don't Give Up On Us, Baby."  Enjoy!



2 comments:

Victoria said...

interesting connection!!!
Life is funny isn’t it
Seemingly random occurrences; but ARE they actually Random????

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
I have no answer for that, but he was a big star in the Seventies, when I was watching more TV. Hell, when there was actually more TV to watch!