Followers

Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Why Wasn't Baroness Pauline De Rothschild One Of Truman Capote's Swans????????????????????????


                             OK, so Ryan Murphy is getting ready to unleash his miniseries "The Swans," based on Truman Capote's on again and off again relationships with the doyennes of high society.  I always thought Baroness Pauline De Rothschild was a part of this group, but from the trailers I have seen, apparently not!!!!!!!!!! 



                             And the cast!  Naomi Watts as Babe Paley??????????  Are you kidding me, darlings????????  How is she going to pull off that.?????????  And Calista Flockhart as Lee Radziwill?????????  Come on, now!  Give me a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                              Not to mention Diane Lane as Slim Keith and Chloe Sevigny as C.Z. Guest.  Oh, my God, does Murphy think this is going to work?????????????


                               I insist Baroness Pauline De Rothschild was part of this group.  So, why isn't she even mentioned in the cast?????????????????????



                                And why wasn't I seen for the part????????????????


                                And who are my Swans??????????  Maybe I will tell you.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

aww Treat Williams is in that too.
I can’t believe he’s gone.
My niece’s oldest son was killed in a motorcycle accident a couple years ago.
My Own sons ride motorcycles.
No matter how careful you are, Other drivers are inattentive.

The Raving Queen said...

Yes, Treat Williams is playing William Paley. I had forgotten he had passed, until David told me. So sad. I saw him on Bway in the 1974 musical "Over Here!" which had the Andrews Sisters, and lots of up and comers. And then he was great in the film version of "HAIR,' though I can never forgive it for eliminating the song "Frank Mills." According to friends, in the Be-In sequence in the park, there is this close-up shot of a tiny girl with blonde hair. It is said that is Martha Plimpton.