Followers

Friday, January 5, 2024

Fresh From The Rialto, Girls.....Aurdra McDonald To Star In........"Gypsy??????????????????????"


                             You heard me, girls.  And I thought we were done with "Gypsy." For the time.  Patti Lu Pone put her stamp on it 15years back in 2008 and went on to become the greatest Rose since Merman!  All Theater Queens know that!  So, Audra thinks she can outdo Patti????????????????????



                                If I were Patti, I would be pissed.  Now, look dears, I have no problem with Audra's skin color.  Or a diversified "Gypsy."  Hell, I would love to play in it, myself.



                                  "Gypsy" is a belter's show, and every song, especially of Rose's, calls for belting.  And I think Audra here is doing a little overreaching.  She is not a belter.  She is an exquisite singer, but a belter?  No.



                                     Still, she could vocally train for it.  It would not hurt.  And if this materializes, I guess I will have to see it.   I mean, Tyne Daly surprised the hell out of me, and she got a TONY Award.



                                     There is nothing Audra can't do.  But I think this may be putting her to the limits.



                                      I would be cautious about this one, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Cautious is a good word
I’m all for accepting challenges but, let’s be realistic...

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
I am with you. I think this may be an overreach for Audra.