Followers

Monday, January 29, 2024

"Feud"- Filled Fun For Fags And Hags!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                            Darlings, whether gay, straight or I don't care, Wednesday's evening airing of "Feud--Capote Vs. The Swans" is simply going to be the most DIVINE event of the social season!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                              I mean, it is practically my life.  Ever since Capote died in 1984, and I made my way to New York, becoming The Raving Queen for what will be seventeen years this April 7th, it has been my job to report on the social and literary scenes as I see them.  Oh, things are vastly different today than from what will be portrayed in this mini-series.  In its era, elegance was just a couple of blocks away if you knew the right blocks and places in Manhattan, and, believe me, I did.  Today, one has to dig deep to find anything elegant, or even resembling it.  Thank God for ANNA!!!!!!!!!!  And, readers, if you didn't have me, where would you be??????????



                               For those who know nothing of the world prior to 1980, let me give you a rundown of what this show will depict.



                              Truman Capote--Tom Hollander                                                                                                                    Babe Paley--one of the fabulous Cushing Sisters--Naomi Watts                                                                Slim Keith--Diane Lane                                                                                                                                C.Z. Guest--Chloe Sevigny                                                                                                                             Lee Radziwill--Calista Flock (the most beautiful of The Swans!!!!!!!!)                                                      Molly Ringwald-- Jo Anne Carson                                                                                                              Treat Williams -- William S. Paley                                                                                                                Joe Mantello --Jack Dunphy 



                               Like I said, one has to dig for elegance in this town now, so it is unfortunate that the scenes could not be shot in the actual locales.  But it will be interesting to see how beautifully and accurately they will be recreated, and believe me, I will know, having been to them in my time.



                                  The perfumes, the fabrics, the outfits, the hats, the handbags--oh, my God, girls it is going to be like Paradise.  As the song says, "I've been to Paradise, but I've never been to me."



                                    Have a drink, and wear your best, while watching.  And your hair!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                    We will talk, afterward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

2 comments:

bogieme2 said...

michael hello to both of you i have a quest just wondering ill be wayching for sure take care normanion who is demi moore playing shes in the trailers

The Raving Queen said...

Norman,
Hi to you and Joe, wishing you a happy 2024.

Demi Moore is playing Ann Woodward, whose story was told fictionally by Dominick Dunne as "The Two Mrs. Grenvilles," and who Ann-Margret portrayed in the TV movie. She mistook her husband for an intruder in 1955 and shot him. She was acquitted, but society labeled her a murderer.
I had no idea she was one of the swans. I can't wait to see Calista Flockhart play my favorite, Lee Radziwill.