Followers

Thursday, January 11, 2024

"Mother Of Mercy!" Is This The End Of Elegance In Manhattan??????????????????


                              It looks like it, girls, and I cannot figure out how I missed this one!



                             On June 23 of last year, La Grenouille, the last bastion of elegant dining in Manhattan, closed its doors due to a gas leak.  It never re-opened.  First, Lee Radziwill, and now La Grenouille????????   Is Manhattan headed for the crapper?????????????????


                               Because I recently found out the building housing La Grenouille has been put up for sale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                               There are still ANNA's restaurants, but do you recall, darlings, that during the holidays, she would rent out the place for a Christmas luncheon for the entire "VOGUE" staff?????????   Oh, my God, wouldn't it have been fabulous to attend that?  So, what will ANNA do now?  Balthazar, maybe?



                                  I have been to La Grenouille several times, darlings, and the food, decor and service were impeccable.  It is too bad this landmark of elegance will be no more.  It is truly the end of what had been a better era in New York.  And what young people like me, then, came to New York for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                     And what will it turn into? Some cheap Pain Quotidien????????????????



                                     "Grenouille" is French for frog.  This place sure has croaked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                      Who is it up to, to restore elegance to Manhattan?  I do my best, but I cannot do it all by myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                         ANNA, help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Flaco??????????????????????????

1 comment:

Victoria said...

If it turns out to be the next chick fil a there will be an Uprising!!!