Followers

Saturday, October 10, 2026

Girls, I Really Don't Encourage Anyone To Watch This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                     The reasoning behind this 1966 film was the same as for "The Ghost And Mr. Chicken."  Because Don Knotts was so popular on "The Andy Griffith Show," Hollywood figured he could carry a film.  Well, dolls, we all saw how that went!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                         "The Munsters" with its superb comedic cast and atmospheric look was enormously popular, and Hollywood thought they could carry a film.  They could not, but in this case I would say it was not their fault, but the scriptwriter's.  Also, the idea that a half hour sitcom, while hilarious, cannot be expanded into a two-hour feature.



                                               So, I encourage my girls to stay away from this one.  I will let you know what we watch tomorrow.  However, for true "Musters" devotees who have never seen this film, be my guest!  But I guarantee you will not return to it again.



                                              When will artists learn when to let things be?



                                               You hear that, Zoe Kazan????????????????

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Don’t worry, we will be out tonight!!
I’m still feeling poorly, but I am definitely not sick, so will soldier on!!
Are you still a little bit under the weather??
My issues are more like arthritis pain, depression, chronic headaches and such, so Powering Through is what’s best!!
Will it be “fun”? Probably not, however I vow to go into it with a Positive Attitude!!!!

Mistress Maddie said...

Oh dear.