Today is the day to honor the patron saint of animals, and as an animal lover, I try to be as kind as I can to all God's creatures.
This is also a chance to honor all my animal friends who have passed--Baby Mouse (the French poodle of my youth, from 1969 to 1979), Dexter, Cujo, Chloe, Mellow, Rowdy and Nicholas. I miss them all, and hope to see them again someday. One of my therapists said that when I pass, Dexter will be waiting for me. I hope so.
Yes, I am known as The Dog Whisperer in my neighborhood. I have compassion for pit bulls, and acknowledge them with a smile and a wave, but that is as far as it goes. I also love cats, like Mr. Kitty Kat and Bodega Cat. And not to forget my German Shepard friends Bova and Vera, and my favorite canine trio, Naya, Pasta and Obi Wan. Just a hug and kiss from these still living animals can make my day.
So, I urge all to follow the example of St. Francis. You don't have to own a pet but be kind to the animals you see.
And if one needs a hug, give it to them!
It will make your day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:
As you know, I am a fellow animal lover, and have pets of my own, both cats & dogs.
However I will not adopt, foster, or even pet-sit a pittbull.
Please continue to keep your distance; don’t even place your hand near the fence.
Every pittbull owner will say, MY dog is different! MY pittie would NEVER…
These dogs KILL.
They kill cats, other dogs, small children, older children, and even occasionally, full-grown adults.
If the unthinkable happens and you do find yourself in their grip, my husband’s advice is to push FORWARD, causing them to release their jaw momentarily.
He has experience with all types of dog breeds & temperaments!!
Stay safe!!
Love you, dear friend!!!
Victoria, Thank you for the kind words, and I am iwth you about pit bulls. I would never go near one!
Post a Comment